Impact and Evaluation for Fundraisers
June 1 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am£99
Session one: Tuesday 1 June | 10.00 – 11.30am
Session two: Tuesday 8 June | 10.00 – 11.30am
We know that charities like yours change people’s lives and it’s your role to secure the grant funding that will help to increase your impact.
Do you want to better understand what funders are looking for when they ask you about impact and evaluation?
Good evaluation is essential to charities for two main reasons – 1) to learn about the effectiveness of your services and how to improve them; and 2) to demonstrate your impact so that funders will support you.
Our experience of trust fundraising, strategic consulting and training programmes, has shown that many charities feel uncertain about funder expectations when it comes to impact and evaluation. This also happens to be an area that can have a significant influence on funding decisions: Trusts and foundations are just like other charities in wanting to understand the impact of their work and they are keen to support those charities that can provide solutions to help achieve this.
This training programme will help you to better understand this important aspect of funding applications. After taking part, you will be better equipped to articulate the change your charity is achieving and how you are measuring this change.
Our impact and evaluation training
The training is a step-by-step guide to impact and evaluation with practical tools and resources that you can use in your role. We will explore the practical elements of evaluation from the perspective of what will help your charity to understand its impact / effectiveness, what funders’ expectations are (as a generalisation) and how you can best articulate your impact and evaluation in funding applications. We will cover:
- What does good evaluation look like
- Common frameworks, methods, tools
- Getting good evidence while being proportionate and affordable
- Self-evaluation and working with external evaluators
- What do funders expect to see in applications in terms of evidence of past impact and approach to evaluation for the proposed work
- How to improve your current level of evidence and evaluation methods
- How to communicate effectively with your internal team about the benefits of strong evaluation.
The training will be split across two sessions, allowing time for reflection, research and consultation in between.
We ask our participants for feedback at the end of each training course:
In 2020, we delivered our first online training programmes with excellent results:
- 100% of participants said they would recommend our training
- All modules, training delivery and supporting materials were rated as ‘excellent’, with an average score of 9.6/10.
Who is the training for?
This training is for anyone who writes funding applications and wants to learn more about evaluation. You might be a fundraiser who wants to better understand this area of funding applications or you might be in a role where you oversee services/projects as well as securing funding for them. This training is not for evaluation specialists who already have an in-depth knowledge of the subject.
The benefits you will gain from this training
- The knowledge, confidence and skills to help you:
- Better demonstrate your charity’s impact to funders
- Clearly articulate your charity’s approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Work with colleagues to improve evidence of impact
- Time to reflect on and improve your understanding of impact and evaluation through interactive learning in a supportive group of your peers
- Resources your charity can use, including templates for theory of change and evaluation frameworks
- Expand your network by connecting with your peers on the course through our online community.
Your next steps
You can book onto this training now by following the booking instructions below.
The two modules will run at 10-11.30am on Tuesday 1 June and Tuesday 8 June 2021. We will provide you with invites to access using Zoom. Templates will be emailed to you at the email address you provide.
If you would like to book five or more places, email email@example.com to access a group discount or a bespoke training option.
If you would prefer to be invoiced for your training place, please complete the booking form and enter the code Invoice2021 – we will then issue an invoice to the name and e-mail address you give us.
Have you completed the Trust Fundraising Scorecard yet?
You may find it useful to take our Trust Fundraising Scorecard. The assessment takes just 10 minutes, is completely free and will identify the areas where you can make the most improvement to increase your annual grant income.
Discover your score and access ways to improve your trust fundraising programme.