Does your charity have the following in place?
- Compelling messages: why the charity exists, what you do, for who and what difference you make
- Up to date strategy/business plan
- Clear financial accounts
- Strong brand position (not necessarily high profile, but clear positioning)
- Existing relationships with supporters and prospects
- Network mapping – do you know people who can give and ask/introduce
- Requirements of specific fundraising audiences, for example: Grant funding – evidence of need and impact, beneficiary engagement, detailed plans, good governance, strong financial position but with clear funding need Corporate partners – volunteering opportunities, brand value, marketing reach, specialist skills and expertise, tangible focus in terms of theme, beneficiary group and geography Community – events and activities to engage in, volunteers, fundraising resources, support and recognition Individual giving – existing database, CRM system, communications channels, demographic insight, tangible asks.
- What do they do?
- What is their total income?
- What is the breakdown of income?
- Who are their grant funders and corporate partners
- What are their fundraising strengths based on their website and annual report?
- What does the above tell you about the potential of each fundraising income stream for your charity?
- Is your charity attractive to grant funders and/or corporates?
- Review funders identified in the peer review
- Identify new funding opportunities
- Identify funder requirements, processes and timescales
- Prioritise prospects by capacity and propensity to give.
- Income potential – what can be achieved and what is a realistic target for the initial years?
- Recommended actions – what does the charity need to do next to successfully fundraise from each audience?
- Resource requirements – what is required to deliver the actions in terms of time, skills, expertise? Resources might include fundraising and non-fundraising staff, volunteers, consultancy support and specialist suppliers such as designers, web developers etc.
- Narrative fundraising strategy with summary of findings and recommendations
- Forecast income and fundraising costs for three to five years
- Gantt chart fundraising action plan for one year
- Appendices to include prospect list and peer review.
BlindAid appointed KEDA Consulting in 2017 to provide expert guidance and practical support for BlindAid in setting up our fundraising capability. We have found Alex and his team to be consummate professionals. We have found they listened carefully to our brief to gain a thorough understanding of our needs; they are creative and deliver a quality service. Importantly they are responsive and deliver to timelines. I recommend KEDA Consulting unreservedly.