We work with clients to develop fundraising strategies for specific funding streams and for the whole organisation, sometimes including non-fundraising income streams.
We provide a fixed fee for this type of work. The cost will be dependent on variables such as the size and complexity of the organisation, as well as the scope and scale of the strategy.
A fundraising strategy will typically include:
- Review of internal documentation on performance to date and future plans, such as the organisational strategy / business plan, annual accounts and reports, and fundraising records.
- Discussion with key staff and/or board members as appropriate.
- Peer/competitor analysis to review the sources of income for organisations providing similar services / targeting similar audiences.
- Prospect research to identify specific funding opportunities.
- For each income stream to be included, a brief explanation of the function, benchmarking information where available, our view on the level of potential for your organisation, what is required to realise that potential and our recommendations on actions to take.
- Note on relevant fundraising regulation.
- Income and expenditure forecast, with rationale.
- More detailed operational plans, in Gant chart format, for each income stream (optional).
BlindAid is London’s oldest charity supporting people with sight loss. Since 1834, they have offered a home visiting service to people with sight loss across the twelve inner London boroughs. They have historically been funded through investment income from an endowment but took the bold decision to increase their service delivery to meet growing demand. This meant spending their reserves to increase services and investing in fundraising to develop a sustainable growth strategy. We have worked closely with BlindAid to develop a five year fundraising strategy, with operational plans for the first three years. Following the strategy work, we are supporting BlindAid to develop fundraising programmes across trusts and grants, corporate partnerships and individual giving.
BlindAid appointed KEDA Consulting in 2017 to provide expert guidance and practical support for BlindAid in setting up our fundraising capability. We have found Alex and his team to be consummate professionals. We have found they listened carefully to our brief to gain a thorough understanding of our needs; they are creative and deliver a quality service. Importantly they are responsive and deliver to timelines. I recommend KEDA Consulting unreservedly.